Saturday, February 7, 2009
the stories that happened yesterday
Thank God for today's training session. Not only was it enriching to our minds, the presence of the Lord was there too, causing the session to be even more exciting! Didn't wanna go in the first place cos had to be late. Furthermore, i wasn't sure of the location (all my friends' late smses didn't help. But thanks Shao Bing for being the first to reply followed by Alex). Still, i wasn't the latest... (Lydia was. MUHAHHAHA)
Anyways, when I reached, I was in time for....ICE BREAKERS!! Then, we had worship (led by Zhi Yang). Sang Shout to the Lord and Draw me close (key for Shout to the Lord was set by me. supposed to set Draw me close too but i forgot the first word of the song. opps..) Alex gave the word later on based on what Pastor had preached about last week. His word was rather impressive and the testimonies that he gave was very inspiring and encouraging as well! lol. but somehow, Shao Bing couldn't catch what Alex was saying so he couldn't say much later on.
(darn...my brother switched off the modem already!!)
Anyways, after that section, we proceed to learning how to plan mass teen events. For my team, we'd be planning Sports Day(boring. wanted Dance competition but my group didn't want. So we chose Sports Day LOR. lol.) and I somehow (magic) became the Secretary (okay. i volunteered-.-" its cos Shao Bing volunteered and u guys noe Shao Bing lah hurr..) And so, 3sa is going to be very very very busy for the next few months all the way till September. Yesss... so won't have time to play... =( The things that comfort me are that i'd be able to learn and grow as I plan the event with other young adults and that the event will be successful.
Suddenly, after just one afternoon of training, i feel very motivated to start planning for events! And seriously, God has planned all these for me. I remembered ever telling God that I want to go out and pray for people and bless them. Then suddenly, we have this 100k Blessing Campaign. Then, i told God that I wanna go join a ministry in church although it was very hard to since my church is so big. Then BOOM! Pastor asked youngsters to join ministries and even open up a booth for us to fill in the forms to apply! And there I am, in the dance ministry with Lydia. THEN, i told God that I want to plan events with adults (wanted to join the camp planning committee last year but they didn't ask any youths to join =(( ) AND - you guessed it!- there's this training for us! HOW COOL IS THAT!?
Now i wish that i can learn to sing better and i want to see people singing praises to God on the streets. Then, i want to teach the church to do a mass dance (yeahhhhh! We will have our own mass dance!! WOOHOO!!)
hees. my little dreams.
8:18 AM