<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6873166667728530335?origin\x3dhttp://miracles-exist.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
YOU
the last romance

Theresa
02021989
rewind my past
Extraordinary acts


Music
the songs you used to play

music code here.

tagboard
the words we all said

<
>

Linkages
the exits to escape

my reflection Ambrose Bing Rong Chao Yang Cherie Claudia Danae Daniel Dickson 汪大東 Dylan Eileen Estella Francis George(celeb) Henzy HueyHuey Jack(NZ) Jason Lum Jason(Silver) Jerald Jia Jie Jian Xin June Lester Tay Lydia Lynnette Matthew Perry Rainie(celeb) Samantha Sharon Shaun Stanley Teng Yong Teresa(YISS) Thomas Tikki Tricia Vivian Wan Ding Yao Xing Zhi Yang
JR Network! FCBC YouthNet Ps Jeff/Rach
Past
the historys to forget

February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010


Credits
the sources of love

Designer : DEAD-dolliie

Tuesday, June 9, 2009
the stories that happened yesterday

Ahh! I'm going to CTSS in about 9 hours' time for a leadership camp! Im kinda excited cos it's the first time Im going for a Trybe camp! =) I certainly hope it'd be fun!

Today, I went for Pastor William's talk on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens [Christian version]. The habits are the same just that the illustrations are all Bible-based. He talked about being proactive (habit one), Begin with an end in mind (habit two) and there were one activity each to deepen our understanding of it. Of course, since the talk is for teens, most of the audience are 14-18 years old. Thankfully, Jia Yee (FMSSRCY) and Bi Peng (Dance) were there to keep me company! Thanks to Pastor Jeffrey who treated me to lunch as well as sharing his insights with me regarding BGR and future partner. (why the topic? Probably because Bi Peng's boys were like cheering when he came to sit beside me. Then, when Pastor William called me,"The girl sitting next to Bi Peng," his boys were also cheering.-.- so I explained to Ps Jeff that the both of us were merely dance mates.so that's why he started to talk to me about BGR since we've brought it up.) haha. He talked about having 1.emotionally security 2.financial security and 3. forgot alr. i think something about having values. When you have these three, THEN u are ready for a relationship and marriage.

Well, the talk ended rather early (4.30pm), I slacked a while with Grace and Faith(Ps William's daughters), Jia Yee and Rachel (Jia Yee's girl). We played piano and drums (anyhow whack lah.) After which, Jia Yee and I went to Macs to catch up on each others' lives =) Great to talk to her again! ^^

Anyway, this was what I wanted to post yesterday but couldnt cos my brother switched off the modem =( :

20090609 - GVSS Leadership Development Programme

Wow! I really did not expect to see so little students cos all these time, I've been taking care of CLASSES. Anyway, this time round, there were only 2 Trybe staff and 2 volunteers, namely Jasmine, Mirabel, Audrey and I. The target group was the Sec3 Exco members and Sec2 Acting Exco members.

Firstly, we played the what I called the territorial game whereby the way to attack or defend is through Scissors-Paper-Stone (what an ingenious game!) Then, we played the Longest Challenge followed by the Tallest Challenge. We had presentation time and we even invited Dick Su, a mediacorp actor/theatrical performer, to be the judge of the presentation! Other than him, Audrey and I were the judges too. Once, Jaron, one of the sec2 exco members, commented that he liked music but he didn't like Hannah Montana songs etc. So I was like 'WHAT THE!?" and immediately displayed to him an unhappy face. then we had a fun time trying to provoke each other about Miley Cyrus after that. The students were: Athira, Felicia, Jun Jie, Abigail, Kevin, Jaron, Gabriel, Shaquilla, Shafiq, Suhaidah and Jia Wei (president of council. Girl.) I really looovveee Abby's voiceee! She sounds soooo CUTE!! =D that was why I gave her such high marks.LOL. *biased* For Felicia, I felt that she could have done much better if she were to really treat us as her friends because I know that she wasn't this quiet when she was with her friends. She was the more talkative kind than the guai guai quiet kind. And I must say, Dick Su realllyyyy talks a lot! I can't believe he actually got so much things to say sia.. Haha.

This was the first time I'm doing leadership programme with Trybe and really, a lot of things that I was taught in secondary school were different. Trybe is more gentle and they really encourage us to love and spur and support each other. Their intention is really to build leaders instead of followers. However, in Secondary School, the vendor that my school hired actually taught us that it doesnt matter if u're lonely or whatsoever, cos that is what a leader would go through sometimes so just find something (an item preferably) to motivate you and that's it. So since sec sch days, I was quite domineering and did not build leaders in my CCA or in Council cos we didnt give the juniors or even others a chance to shine and rise up as leaders because we have the power and control over them. That mentality is being ingrained in my memory such that right now, im still trying to replace that thinking with Trybe's which I thought is more correct.

After the session, Jasmine and I went back to office for briefing about the CTSS which would be held this coming Wed-Fri! (which means I cannot go for Pastor William's talk le :( )
Finally met Kaiyun today! =) She was quite friendly and could talk to her quite easily. Can see why Dy was attracted to her. hahahhaha!! During the briefing, Jaime passed the volunteers' files to each of us and guess what? After the briefing, I lost it. (Great job, 3sa) Was going round the centre and asking everyone," have you taken my file..? Where's my file..? is that my file??" and everyone was kinda surprised that i lost my file so quickly. Well, it turned out to be with Jaime cos she jus swept everything off the table and placed them on her table. haha.

Dy fetched me home after that. FIRST TIME LEH! muhaha. so I really treasure it and then smsed him to thank him again. hehs.

Today made two new friends: Kaiyun and Michelle Tan, our new intern for the month! Today was her first day! She's gg year 3 in NUS FASS- History.



7:12 AM